Thursday, September 10, 2009

awesome find + NYC

I'm quite excited about this awesome find today- ultra fine point Bic colored markers!! I've been on the hunt for some colored pens... I have some microns, they seem to work well but I have very limited color options. I only own the typical black,  blue and red. A week or so ago I picked up some Prismacolor pens- the colors were fantastic (a fun seafoam green and a lovely tangerine-ish orange)!! but when I got home, the pens felt like they were already dried up. Needless to say I was pretty disappointed and ended up returning them.
But finally (!!!) an awesome set of beautiful Bic markers. I'm anxious to use them. Look at the wonderful array of  colors!




In other news I gave my website a little update. I took out the new handwritten section and replaced it was a pattern page! Right now there are only 4 patterns but I promise to update is again soon with more. I love making these patterns and feel that it's definitely something I want to pursue/keep on creating.
And more BIG news this weekend September 12th and 13th I'll be spending in New York. I am beyond excited to be there! Its going to be an art-filled weekend. First on Saturday we will be attending the sold out Art Out Loud event at the society of illustrators where top illustrators will be demonstrating their skills and techniques. Then Sunday is the long awaited trip to the Metropolitan Museum of Art !!! It's going to be a fantastic time. Stay tuned for some pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails