Wednesday, September 23, 2009

I apologize in advance for the repetition (hardy har har!!) of the multiple posts of birds. and patterns. and of course my favorite... patterns filled with rows of birds.  Seriously, it's all I've been drawing in my sketchbook and I just love experimenting with the zillions of possibilites I have once I scan in these itty bitty birds. The colors, shapes, and negative space (which then creates brand  new shapes) is just endless.

This bird was probably my favorite out of the page I doodled on. I love the zig-zaggy feel of these pink and green birdies. 


This one has a retro 70s-ish feel to me. I think it's a combination of the bird shape, the repeating pattern, and the bold colors. I love it.


PS I'm starting a new sketchbook soon. Maybe I'll force myself not to draw birds. I can't make any promises though. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails