Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Longwood Gardens

This past weekend was a fantastic one! Matt and I made a trip to longwood gardens & then to chestnut hill's arts and crafts fest. The weekend was filled with food, walking, and of course tons of inspiration! I took over 200 pictures at longwood- there was so much to see and we only saw about half of it. unbelievable! Here's just a small amount of the pictures I took- I have a feeling I'm going to start uploading my zillions of photos to Flickr..

I imagined this overhead shot of these gorgeous red flowers as a polka-dotted pattern

I just loved the color of this flower, its big shiny petals, and the tiny flowers floating inside of it

these swirled plants were one of my favorite finds

the water lilies were absolutely stunning, look how large they are!

inside part of the conservatory were these topiary bees hanging from the ceiling


this bench reminded me of an owl

can you tell I have a thing for scrolls and swirls? I loved the simplicity of this bench

this was part of a waterfall/fountain I just loved the pattern and texture


the shape and color of this flower reminds me of a paper lantern

2 comments:

  1. oh, these are beautiful! such an interesting collection of images--those lily pads are huge and are those mums of some sort on the bottom? they are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What amazing pictures! I love the swirly-centered leaves - incredible!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails