Tuesday, July 12, 2011

new york inspired

last week I was lucky enough to spend three days in new york to celebrate my birthday! I made a couple of new york inspired thank you's featuring lady liberty (even though we didn't see the actual statue of liberty we did see one made entirely out of legos...)
Here is the watercolor wash and the almost finished note!
new york inspired

and just a few snapshots from the trip...

in line
Matt in line for the lion king! and yes, it was amazing.

a new york slice!
a new york slice, as big as my head!

carousel detail
charming detail at the carousel in central park

city scape
there was about a dozen of these illustrated windows, they were so fun and brightened up our walk to Fao Schwartz

1 comment:

  1. Ah! How fun! I love the cute smile on Lady Liberty's face. It looks like you had a wonderful time in NYC - Happy Birthday to you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails