Thursday, January 6, 2011

part 1 >>sketchbook project 2011

sketchbook project>> fly/feather spread

sketchbook project>> up/cloud spread

sketchbook project>> bird spread

here are the first few pages of my arthouse co-op sketchbook project. each sketchbook has a theme, it can be taken literally or just inspired by... you can fill it with whatever your heart desires. the theme i choose was "in flight".
i've come to realize my sketchbooks/loose scraps of paper i draw on are quite repetitive, i end up drawing the same thing over and over changing only small details. so it's fitting that i dedicated a page to just one word repeated in different ways.
the deadline is looming and i still have a handful pages to fill up, but i'll be sure to share more!

4 comments:

  1. You partook in the sketchbook project? I SOOO wanted to, but knew I'd never be able to find the time. Now I'm going to live vicariously through yours!

    I LOVE those dangling birds - so amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the single word repeated on the page! So fun. Of course, the birds are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you so much ladies!! it makes me so happy that you enjoy these spreads, can't wait to share some more!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails